15 July 2010

Morning Time

Sitting on the back deck this morning I gave thanks for all that I saw. One of my favorite things are the butterflies my new garden has attracted. They are so delicate and beautiful. Like life I suppose, if you are really living. We  however, unlike the butterfly can put up a protective wall around our delicate heart. To protect us from harm. The only down side is, we live behind the wall looking out, and nothing good or bad can get in.

I lived with a wall most of my life, always watching and attentive to the bad, weather it came in the way of intentions of character or action. I was armed for battle. However, my soul is longing to be free, not to be in the fight or flight mode.

I have learned to move backwards, to turn and walk in the other direction of the bad, I was not put on earth to fix it, to think about it, to spend my time stressing over it. If I cannot do anything about it, control it change it, then I move away from it, and hope and pray that the source of the bad is moved to find the good in themselves and put that forth for others to see and feel.

The sunrise and butterflies have given me much to say my thanks for today, so I give back to my God, today, my soul, my laughter, my love, that he may use it to glorify him self.

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment